This might be useful for any frustrated EE or Three owning Huawei P30 Pro customers from the UK who haven’t received the new EMUI 10 update yet and are fed up waiting for the official OTA update to appear through their network!
You can install the firmware update yourself manually. You will only need a USB-C to A OTG adapter for your phone and a spare USB stick that can hold the 4.52GB update. (8GB or larger!)
It’s a good idea to back up all the important data from your phone first! The best way to do this is by connecting your phone to your PC/laptop by cable and backing up with the HiSuite program. You can download it here! You also need the HiCare app installed on your phone. To pair them – HuSuite will ask for a unique long number that displays on HiCare. Remember to pick ‘Data/File Transfer’ mode on your phone once you connect the cable.
Someone on XDA Devs posted the European update file for the VOG-L29 (European dual sim model) Make sure you have this model of the P30 Pro as it will not work correctly on others and you could BRICK your device if you flash the wrong version!
This guide is for information purposes only. By flashing your device – you have to make sure that you understand the risks – that you could potentially brick your device if anything goes wrong during the flashing process.
- Device: Huawei P30 Pro
- Codename: VOG-L29
- Channel: Europe (C431) Stable
- Version: 10.0.0.168
- Android: 10
1. Backup your stuff if you haven’t done so yet
2. Reset your device and after that power it off
3. Insert your OTG+pendrive with the correct firmware on it (download folder with all 3 zips inside)
4. On EMUI 9.1 enter recovery by simultaneously pressing POWER + VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN until you see a white screen with EMUI recovery mode. Then release buttons and let the recovery start/end the flashing procedure.
5. On EMUI 10 enter recovery by pressing Power+Volume UP and keep them pressed until you see Huawei on screen. Release the Power button and keep pressing Volume UP until you are in the recovery menu, then release button. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.